[mythtv-users] Error: MythTV database has newer TV schema (1247) than expected (1244).

Larry J on his Dell LT larry at foxgulch.com
Sat Dec 26 18:43:10 UTC 2009

I have a backend which seems to be recording and plays back recordings.
So I used the same mythbuntu install cd to put a frontend on another
box.   When I start the frontend box,  I get:

"Error:  MythTV database has newer TV schema (1247) than expected (1244).

Database Host: 192.168.1.106
Database Name: mythconverge"

OK so I fire up  phpmyadmin on the backend and sure enough in the
mythconverge dB, settings table, value:DBSchemaVer is the data 1247.

So I figured I would just change the front end mythconverge, settings
table, DBSchemaVer to 1244.  Trouble with that is apparently there is no
mythconverge mysql dB in the front end.  And why should there be since
I'm going to connect and use the backend's dB.

So where is the frontend getting the "expected 1244" Schema Version?
How do I change the Schema Version on the frontend to 1244?

Thank you,
Larry

 From the frontend box:
lj at lian2:~$ mythfrontend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 23003
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-22-fixes
Network Protocol : 50
Library API      : 0.22.20091023-1
QT Version       : 4.5.2
Options compiled in:
 linux profile using_oss using_alsa using_pulse using_jack using_backend
using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_glx_proc_addr_arb
using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu
using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
using_opengl_vsync using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr
using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads
using_libavc_5_3 using_live using_mheg

 From the backend box:
lj at mythtv:~$ mythbackend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 23001
MythTV Branch    : trunk
Network Protocol : 55
Library API      : 0.23.20091222-1
QT Version       : 4.5.2
Options compiled in:
 linux debug using_oss using_alsa using_pulse using_jack
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend