[mythtv-users] HD PVR and 0.22

greg pryzby greg at pryzby.org
Sat Dec 26 02:27:20 UTC 2009

On 12/25/2009 05:50 PM, steve wrote:
> I’m doing a rebuild of MythTV in order to handle HD and would like to
> use the Hauppauge HD PVR as the capture device because it seems to get
> around all the encoding/multi-resolution nonsense.
>
> So I read up on it in the Wiki
> (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_HD-PVR). There is a warning at the
> bottom to avoid trying this unless you’re a MythTV/Linux wizard, which I
> am not.
>
> However, it implies (though it does not say directly) that it will be
> safe for us mere mortals as of MythTV ver 0.22. The download page says
> that version is now out. So am I safe to proceed with my plans?

Fedora 11 and 12 work out of the box (rpmfusion.org for myth packages)

If you use F12, the IR blaster works for changing channels also.

H.264 for the driver

you will need to check out blushingpenguin for the firmware for IR
blaster if you want to use the HD-PVR IR transmitter/blaster

check /var/log/messages for to see the HD-PVR recognized and ready to go.

--
greg at pryzby dot org
BLOG: http://restonartistree.blogspot.com/