[mythtv-users] Firewire or capture card?

Aaron aaron at rb303.net
Fri Dec 25 16:34:30 UTC 2009

FWIW, I also have a HDHR, and in the year I've had it, it's never
missed a recording. The only time I've had mapping issues is when I
was using it with Windows MCE2005. I've since used it in Vista, Win 7
and now MythTV without incident.

As for firewire, I would LOVE to get this stable.. when it works it's
superb, but I can only get it to record 1 out of 10 times...

As for Avermedia cards, I will never buy another one. From what I've
seen they are junk. I have a PCIe Combo, and it craps out constantly
(only tested it in Windows) I have yet to get it to detect in Linux
(haven't even attempted)

My next purchase might be the HDPVR for component out, but I really
hate seeing the Verizon menu's in my recordings...