[mythtv-users] Myth 0.22: FF and Rewind gives Mixer errors

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Dec 25 04:02:07 UTC 2009

On 12/24/2009 10:56 PM, Rick wrote:
> What causes these errors when Forwarding or rewinding?
>
> 2009-12-24 22:46:28.216 mixer unable to find control Master 1
> 2009-12-24 22:46:28.466 Mixer unable to find control Master 1
>
> I'm not using pulseaudio and everything is set to Alsa:Default.  One
> thing that caught my eye is the word 'mixer' is represented with an
> uppercase M and a lowercase m.  Each single FF or Rewind press
> generates two error lines.

It's a warning that Myth was unable to set volume/mute the Master
control on your sound card.  It's a relic of a simpler time, back when
sound cards all had a Master control.  It's harmless and not worth
worrying about (and the assumption that causes the meaningless warning
will likely be fixed when the Myth audio subsystem is rewritten to be
more up-to-date).

Mike