[mythtv-users] PVR 150 Quality Issues

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 15:50:48 UTC 2009

> One more thing to add that I don't know if it's related or not - the OSDs
> always seem "fuzzy" rather than being sharp as I'd expect (and actually are
> within DVD playback) - again is this down to the quality of the picture in
> some way, or is there something else going on here?

This would indicate that your quality issues are with your playback
not to do with your recordings. As others have said, my PVR-150
recordings are excellent (as good as can be from the SD source). For
me when I switched to VDPAU doing the rendering and deinterlacing, the
picture is actually higher quality than if I watch it straight from
the cable. What hardware are you using? CPU/GPU? What playback profile
are you using? These will greatly affect the image quality you see.