[mythtv-users] Internal player has problems in myth

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 11:44:22 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> Bright idea: use storage groups for video as well as recordings.
>
> Unbright idea: make storage groups only usable with the Internal
> player, when Internal is not ready for primetime.

Are you suggesting that the devs should have developed patches for xine and
mplayer to understand mythtv's storage groups? I'm not sure that's very
reasonable.

There's nothing forcing you to use storage groups for videos.

FWIW, I'm using 0.22 on Gentoo and the only problem I've seen with the
internal player is that sometimes it doesn't correctly detect interlaced
content. But I'm pretty much only using for xvid avis and iso dvd rips so
YMMV.

Cheers,
Steve