[mythtv-users] Which agp video card is better?

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Wed Dec 23 07:18:57 UTC 2009

    > Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 21:52:15 -0700
    > From: drew einhorn <drew.einhorn at gmail.com>

    > > Anything besides the Sparkle SFPC84GS512U2LP GeForce 8400 GS PCI
    > > that I should consider.

    > Did not receive any other suggestions.  Bought the Sparkle card.

    > X doesn't come up in the default config with this card.

What distro are you running exactly?  Can you try booting an Ubuntu
9.10 LiveCD and try that?  (I ask because a Sparkle 9500 and a GT220
have both worked for me in 9.10, and I'm about to deal with the same
card you have.)

Also, do you have an xorg.conf file, or are you running without one in
a modern xorg?  (I've asked sdkovacs for his xorg.conf for the same
card [though under CentOS; dunno if that matters] but it may take him
a while to furnish it since the relevant machine is currently off-net.)

P.S.  Uh, if X doesn't come up, what errors appear in /var/log/Xorg.0.log?