[mythtv-users] Stuttering with HD but no prebuffering pause

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Dec 22 18:16:58 UTC 2009

Hi,

I recently tried HD content again, the first time after upgrading to
Mythbuntu 9.10 and MythTV 0.22.
But the video keeps stuttering. Some weird kind of stuttering though,
not just pausing, but the video snaps back a frame or two each
stutter. Looks very funny.

I tried all the usual suspects: with and without VDPAU, with and
without vblank syncs, performance govenor, refresh rates, etc.,
composite extension is disabled. Not even a tiny change in behavior,
be it for the worse or the better. This only happens with HD content
(720p) and in both LiveTV and recordings. Even though there is no sign
of this being a prebuffering issue, I nonetheless went through the
troubleshooting page, to no avail either.

Since I'm running out of ideas, and the HD channels of my provider
finally start to show real content, not only test data, I would really
like to fix this now. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/