[mythtv-users] Uninterruptible Power Supply

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue Dec 22 06:36:25 UTC 2009

On 12/22/2009 1:23 AM, Tom Sparks wrote:
> are UPS worth the cost?
> How many hours should I am for?
> should I connect my wireless router to the ups?

What exactly do you think a UPS is for?  They are designed to run for
several minutes during a moderate power outage, and then inform the
machines to cleanly shut down before the battery goes critical.  Under
full load on fresh batteries, you likely won't get much more than about
10 minutes out of one.  If you are looking for *hours* of operation
running one or more Myth boxes and their attached TVs, you need to
invest in a generator.

If on the other hand you were asking about keeping your network online
during an extended outage so you can continue to use the internet on
your laptop, you're woefully off topic.