[mythtv-users] HD-PVR and STB Power On/Off

Mark Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Mon Dec 21 23:44:12 UTC 2009

On December 21, 2009 17:11:42 Kenneth Emerson wrote:
> Has anyone successfully controlled the power on their set-top box (STB)
> used it in conjunction with the HD-PVR?  I would like to power the STB off
> once a recording is over if there isn't a recording scheduled directly
> after it.  I have found that occasionally my DCH-3200 gets into a state
> where it will not output a video signal until it has been powered off and
> back on (plus, I'd like not to waste the electricity to keep it on all the
> time).
>
> -- Ken E.

I'd also like to be able to power off my stb's.  I record with pvr-250's but
the principal is the same.  But it would have to be totally and completely
reliable.  I can just imagine going away for a week and having the stb power
off at the beginning of each recording and power on at the end.  It would be
nice if the stb's had separate remote codes for power on and power off, but
mine don't.

Mark