[mythtv-users] MythTV and Pulseaudio

Stephan Seitz stse+mythtv at fsing.rootsland.net
Sun Dec 20 18:43:18 UTC 2009

Hi!

My Debian Installation of MythTV is version 0.22-0.9. Frontend and
Backend are different computers (both running Debian/Testing, 64bit).
The package libmyth-0.22-0 depends on libpulse0.

I am trying to convert my MythTV-Frontend vom ALSA to Pulseaudio.
According to http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup#MythTV version
0.21 should be able to use the ALSA pulse plugin.

But I can’t see „ALSA:pulse” in the frontend configuration.
If I use a .asoundrc to route all ALSA sound through the pulse plugin,
I don’t hear anything from MythTV, because according to the start
messages of the frontend it disables the pulseaudio daemon.

What can I do to use MythTV with pulseaudio? Thanks for the answers.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz             E-Mail: stse at fsing.rootsland.net |