[mythtv-users] SchedulesDirect - program (NFL) change, what should I expect in Myth?

Robert Eden rmeden at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 20 08:42:52 UTC 2009

On 12/19/2009 3:18 PM, Dave Richardson wrote:
> So, my BROAD QUESTION (as a SchedulesDirect user) is: What should I expect
> to see (or what should I do) to ensure that my system updates to the best
> information when these kind of "last minute" updates occur????

I don't think we'll ever be able to deal with instant corrections
(presidential speeches, sport runs long, etc).  Heck,  I don't think the
ATSC guide does that.

Right now the data is updated daily.  Zap2it.com is updated more
frequently and we hope to be getting those updates soon.  I think 24
hours is a reasonable goal.

Data Quality (including updates) is a constant battle, and probably
always will be.

Schedules Direct does accept these reports, and has a way to report them
to Tribune (sorry, RobertK! :) ).   While it is difficult to get things
fixed in time, we do try and certainly get systemic problems fixed. I
remember one case where only the second and fourth showing of "So You
Think You Can Dance" was being flagged as new.  The first was a repeat,
but the third should have been "new".

I've been told many times by Tribune's  execs we're quite the PITA due
to the volume of our reports. :)   They really are good guys and realize
that when we report errors we help their products for everyone.  For
some of their customers, it's just a job.  We OSS folks are sometimes
fanatics. :)  (or we wouldn't spend so much time on our systems).   I've
started charting ticket resolution times and things have improved over
these 3 years both in ticket volume and resolution time.

Tribune really does an amazing job considering the volume and volatility
of the data.   The data is probably 99.99% correct.  It's easy to focus
on problems (and we should to improve), just don't forget how much is
accurate.

Robert
XMLTV
Schedules Direct