[mythtv-users] NewEgg Cheap Nvidia GT220 Cards

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri Dec 18 22:14:21 UTC 2009

> The 210 still has the same newer GPU just less shaders and lower clock speed so the only thing you will be missing is Advanced 2x

Well, for now that's all. I was just speculating that in the future
they could offer something more than just deinterlacing (after all,
shaders are fully programmable computational units). What more they
might do I can't say. I've heard the cards can do noise reduction
under windows, so that's one example (though not one I particularly
care about).

> For me Advanced 2x is a killer feature, evidently not for you,

The truth is, I've never seen the results of ANY deinterlacing better
than the software ones built into myth. Perhaps if I saw them I'd have
an opinion. I just know I've never really complained about the built
in ones.

--
Ron