[mythtv-users] 32 vs. 64 bit, any significant difference?

Steve Anthony steveranthony at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 23:33:31 UTC 2009

I'm runnng 64 Bit..

Not too long ago.. I would have said go 32 bit just due to compatability
issues and support issues.

It seems now tho, most software and hardware have 64bit support..

I would go with the 64bit.

Before I transitioned from Windows using Snapsteam's BeyondTV to Myth ..I
tried all the flavors of Windows, both 32 and 64bit.. XP, Vista, Win_7..

64 Bit on all all those versions seemed far better than the 32 bit...
Primarily in the systems backend, I noticed the improvements... ie... file
transfers, networking.. overall speed...