[mythtv-users] 32 vs. 64 bit, any significant difference?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Dec 17 17:52:09 UTC 2009

On Thursday 17 December 2009 10:47:12 am Mike Perkins wrote:

> Also if you're doing a lot of commflagging or transcoding, I would guess
>  that extra RAM could make life easier as well.

I wouldn't argue against the fact that Myth "can use" more RAM, but it doesn't
"need" it. Certainly I wouldn't go with a 64-bit system solely so Myth could
have more than 4GB of RAM, unless you needed it for something else in
addition to Myth.

I also wonder if more RAM on the graphics card might be more useful than main
system RAM, with VDPAU.