[mythtv-users] remote frontend on a Mac

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Thu Dec 17 11:41:31 UTC 2009

> And then, if it would work, you could apparently do whatever you want
> from any client, and that's just ridiculous. You need to give everyone
> administrator rights on windoze computers to prevent them from being
> blocked from doing their work, but this isn't windoze and it shouldn't
> that way anyway. I don't give anyone else admin rights on my
> computer. Why would I suddenly do that with mythtv? It's outrageous.

Hang on - from this, and a few other things, it sounds like when you
say "remote" frontend, you mean "really remote" - like, another
household entirely. That's not a situation Myth is designed to deal
with. Typical recordings are too high bitrate to stream over the
internet, and Myth isn't set up to allow for security. It's a
household PVR, not a Video-on-Demand server.