[mythtv-users] remote frontend on a Mac

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Thu Dec 17 11:30:41 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 10:09 PM, lee <lee at yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:

>> > That sucks, and it's totally ridiculous. How do I prevent another user
>> > from removing my recordings or from preventing me from recording
>> > something because he's trying to record something else at the same
>> > time?
>>
>> Why should you rule?
>
> Why not? I'd be providing a service, allowing someone else to use my
> hardware.

MythTV is a single household, personal use networked PVR solution.  If
your son deletes your recordings you ground him.  If your wife does...
I leave that up to you.  If your roommate does, threaten their stack
of 1960's records?

If you want commercial recording and distribution software you'll need to:
-patch it into mythtv such that it doesn't break it for 99.9999% of
users (those using it at home)
or
-use something else