[mythtv-users] HD-PVR and vip211k

Chas Dauphinais dauphinaisc at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 00:33:09 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 16:30 -0700, Alex Williamson wrote:
> I've had this setup since before Jarod had the hdpvr IR blaster
> working, so I used a dumb serial IR transceiver.
<snip>

> In any case, you *should* be able to control the vip211k using any
> lirc compatible IR transmitter, serial, usb-uirt, etc... using the
> dish remote lircd.conf file.

So reading this, it looks like you had things running?  I wonder, did
you ever get the 'failed to get data for code 0, key 400' error?  A
search found a single other instance, but no clear indicator as to how
the person fixed the problem.  I know it *can* transmit, as I had nice
blinky lights out of the modified lircd.conf from blushingpenguin, but
again... I had to strip out more than half of those codes so lirc would
consent to loading the .conf file.

Charlie