[mythtv-users] Bluetooth SMS and CallerID notification

Brent Norris brent at brentnorris.net
Wed Dec 16 23:11:48 UTC 2009

I was reading through the manual for my Samsung TV and found out it has
a feature that will pop up a notification that you have a text message
and let you read it.  It will also read the callerid off of your phone
as well.  It supposedly doesn't use Bluetooth for this, but some kind of
networking.  Regardless none of the phones in my house are apparently
supported.

This got me thinking though, why do I care about their system.  I have
computers at every one of my TVs.  Does anyone know of a good way to
read this information off of the phone and then feed it into mythnotify?

Brent