[mythtv-users] Possible to change channels via USB?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Dec 16 12:41:37 UTC 2009

bhaskins at chartermi.net wrote:

> I'm doing the same thing and the results of either FW or SV are great but
> I haven't ( yet ) been able to come up with a nice way to switch between the two.
> In other words, I can do a for FireWire setup or one for S-video ( changing channels
> with the STB remote and manual start/stop ) but the S-Video method is very much a
> work in progress.
> I have a DCH3200 and a DCH3416 both set  up as OK with my cable company.

You need to set up the channels you can only get via Firewire and the channels
you can only get as S-video as two separate sources. This ensures you don't try
to record channels that are encrypted/not available via one or other method.

Any channels you can get both ways, you can choose to put in one or the other or
both sources, but of course since it's the same STB only one will be available
at any one time.

--

Mike Perkins