[mythtv-users] SA 8300HD and MythTV

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed Dec 16 04:31:17 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 8:39 PM, Christopher Moore
<g8keepr007 at optonline.net> wrote:
> Thanks for the replies.  I tried the STB on another machine (my laptop)
> running fedora 8 and didn't have luck either.  So I'm guessing it's the box
> and that the Cablevision rep lied to me on the phone.

I don't think so.  If the ports were disabled, I don't think you'd be
able to get a visible entry in plugreport.

Are you using the old firewire stack or the new one?

You can try using the utilities here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/majoridiot

mythprime and scanfw might be able to talk to your box.

Eric