[mythtv-users] 720p HD content from WPVI in Philly periodic a/v sync issues

Taylor Ralph tralph11 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 16 00:12:20 UTC 2009

> Thanks for all your testing. I checked youf logs and it
> does look better. I did see one instance where 2 frames were
> dropped.

I just noticed why a couple frames got dropped. You are running your X display frequency at 59.94 fps and playing a video at 60 fps. When repeated pictures occur it allows the video to catch up but in your video it has some long periods where there are no repeated pictures and when the video gets far enough behind it drops frames to catch up. If your display's refreshrate is higher than the frame rate then it shouldn't need to drop frames but occasionally extended the trigger. Your latest log with DRM indicate that the most recent patch is working correctly.

Please try a higher display frequency to determine if the occasional dropped frames are eliminated. Other than this I think you should be good to go.

--
Taylor