[mythtv-users] Emprex MCE remote ? Help ?

Alan Marchiori alan at alanmarian.com
Tue Dec 15 20:53:27 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 12:25 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Vitani <vitani-mythtv at tfxsoft.com> wrote:
>> Send them back (Amazon will pay the postage) and buy two of these instead,
>> they "just work" with Myth -
>
> Nearly anything that emulates a keyboard should "just work" with Myth.
>  You don't even need LIRC unless you want to remap the buttons.

I agree the keyboard-like remotes are a pain, but remapping keyboard
keys in myth is pretty easy.  they is configuration screen while
running mythfrontend, i think called "Keys"; you go the the function
you want to remap and then hit the button on the remote you want to
use for that function.

The bad part about this is many of the media keys are not on my
keyboard and you can have (as far as I know) only 1 key bound to each
function at a time.  So you could get stuck where you cannot use the
keyboard anymore.