[mythtv-users] rescanning scte65scan results

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Tue Dec 15 18:02:58 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 12:41 PM, James Klaas
<jklaas at appalachian.dyndns.org> wrote:
> I think part of the problem is that not all the tuner cards tune in
> all the channels.

If that is the case, then that is a bug and you should report it to
linux-media with the specific failure cases.  All of the ClearQAM
tuners that support QAM256 should be able to receive the same
frequency range.  The ability to receive PSIP info though is
completely separate - if the tuner successfully gets a signal lock
then you should be able to receive any available PSIP info, and this
should not vary between tuners at all.

You need to identify whether your problem is really an issue with PSIP
info, or with achieving signal lock in general.

> I know one that has a problem is experimental (Sabrent TV-USBHD aka
> Syntek Teledongle).  That card wont detect all (most of) the channels
> and sometimes doesn't pick up the PSIP info, but if you have a
> channels.conf, it will usually tune in all the channels.

Yeah, the Teledongle is a board that doesn't fall into the above
category - it's *TOTALLY* unsupported - No LinuxTV developer is even
claiming that it should work.  If you run Michael's development tree
(where he has specifically told people *not* to) and it sets your
house on fire, then it serves you right.

However, if you have a board that the LinuxTV project claims is
supported and it's not tuning correctly in certain cases, then feel
free to let us know.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs