[mythtv-users] Question about testing a patch

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 02:16:55 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 8:36 PM, Harry Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Ian Clark wrote:
>

>> 2009/12/14 Harry Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net <mailto:
>> lifter89 at comcast.net>>
>>

>>    On 12/14/2009 06:21 AM, Nick Morrott wrote:
>>
>>        [snip]
>>

>>    Can I check-out the same revision I'm currently on?  Wouldn't it
>>    be something like "svn co <revision> ....."?
>>
>> svn co -r<revision> <url>
>>

>> Ian

> Thanks!  I checked out the revision.  Before I change anything I want to
> try a base compile to work out any bugs.  I ran mythbackend --version to get
> the compiled in options. Here's my output:
>
> hdevine at hdevine-desktop:~/mythtv-0-22/mythtv$ mythbackend --version
> Please include all output in bug reports.
> MythTV Version   : 22957
> MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-22-fixes
> Network Protocol : 50
> Library API      : 0.22.20091023-1
> QT Version       : 4.5.2
> Options compiled in:
> linux profile using_oss using_alsa using_pulse using_jack using_backend
> using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_glx_proc_addr_arb
> using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu
> using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync
> using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc
> using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
> using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live
> using_mheg
>

> Can I assume that I need --enable-??? for each option?  Or are some of them
> on by default?  I couldn't really tell from the ./configure help screen.

Almost all of them will be enabled by default if you have the necessary
library headers installed.  You will probably need to install the -dev
versions of a number of libraries before this is the case.  This can
generally be accomplished by using aptitude to find and install the
appropriate packages.  For example, to enable libfftw3, you will need to
install libfftw3-dev.  You can get an idea of what you need to install by
running ./configure and seeing what gets enabled.

-chris