[mythtv-users] Possible to change channels via USB?

Ajay Sharma ajayrockrock at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 02:04:30 UTC 2009

I have a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 3100 and it has a USB port on the
front.  So naturally I plugged in a keyboard and was able to change channels
on the cable box!  So now this begs the question, how can I script this?

Does anyone know of a way to make my system "appear" as a keyboard to the
cable box and a way that I send send keyboard commands to the box?

OR should I just get an ir transmitter and go that route?

Thanks,
Ajay