[mythtv-users] Calling MSI Media Live users

David Asher asherml at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 01:07:12 UTC 2009

On Dec 14, 2009, at 1:59 PM, Keith Edmunds wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 21:14:45 -0500, asherml at gmail.com said:
>
>> I no longer have mine running daily, but when I did it was simply
>> Mythbuntu 9.04 with their standard Nvidia drivers.
>
> Thanks; I'm downloading 9.04 now (had tried 10.04, which gives the
> problems below).
>
>> What problems are you having?
>
> Font distortion (see http://midnighthax.com/screenshot.png) and on
> playback I get multiple images each of which does not fill the
> screen. No
> problems with the nv driver, except I can't get that to output HDMI at
> 1920x1080.
>
> I am wondering if the graphics card in my MSI Media Live box differs
> from
> that used by other people as this does not seem to be common
> problem. I
> have:
>
> $ lspci|grep -i vga
> 00:05.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation C51 [GeForce
> 6150
> LE] (rev a2)
>
> I would be very grateful for any ideas as to how to resolve these
> issues.

That's the same reported graphics from mine.  I never used the nv
driver.  The first version of nvidia driver i used (that was back on
Mythbuntu 8.10 I think) couldn't do HDMI, but otherwise worked.  As of
the driver for 9.04, the HDMI output worked as well.

I couldn't see the screenshot (404 Not Found error), but I never had
anything resembling that description.

If you still have issues, let me know and I'll send my xorg.conf, etc.

David.