[mythtv-users] HVR-1600 analog section not showing up as MPEG-2 encoder

Rick Goldberg myth at pinteleyid.net
Mon Dec 14 15:04:55 UTC 2009

I've successfully set this card up in a 9.10 install over the past few
weeks, so hopefully, I can help.

First, have you confirmed that the card works outside of Myth? That
will confirm the drivers and firmware are installed properly. try
"mplayer /dev/video0" (or whichever device it is) and you should see
some TV. (mplayer is not installed by default, so you may need to
install it first).

Thanks

-Rick