[mythtv-users] how to delete all senders?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Dec 13 13:25:10 UTC 2009

On 12/13/2009 07:16 AM, lee wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 08:02:25PM -0500, greg wrote:
>> The next time you want to get rid of the unknowns use the channel
>> editor, it takes longer,but you won't corrupt your database..
>>

> There are too many channels to do it manually. Is there some
> documentation about the database design?
>
> It seems to work fine so far, and some dead data in the database won't
> really matter. But it bothers me ... and it could cause problems after
> some time which then would be hard to solve.
>
> What if I just delete all tables or the whole database? Will it/they
> be recreated when running mythtv-setup?

To delete all channels and associated data, use "Delete all video
sources" in mythtv-setup.
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034

You could drop the database, then create a new database with mc.sql,
then have mythtv-setup create everything--but you'd be starting from
scratch, so you probably want Delete all video sources.

Mike