[mythtv-users] rebuild recording profiles table?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Dec 11 21:25:31 UTC 2009

On 12/11/2009 02:36 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 2:53 AM, Steven Adeff wrote:
>
>> I'm seeing this when trying to transcode:
>>
>> 2009-12-11 02:51:55.229 Found video height of 1088.  This is unusual
>> and more than likely the video is actually 1080 so mythtranscode will
>> treat it as such.
>> 2009-12-11 02:51:55.229 Transcode: Looking for autodetect profile:
>> Autodetect from 1080i
>> 2009-12-11 02:51:55.230 Transcode: Couldn't find profile for : MPEG-2
>> 2009-12-11 02:51:55.230 Transcoding aborted, no profile found.
>>
>> and am wondering if I can have myth rebuild the profiles as it seems
>> to not have updated the database with whatever is the new defaults.
>>
> well it looks like I need to rebuild the codecparams,
> recordingprofiles, and profilegroups table
> anyone know how to do this?

Backup DB ( http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore ),
DROP DB ( http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore ),
create a new DB (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Creating_the_initial_database
), start mythtv-setup, once you get the GUI, exit mythtv-setup.

Then, backup the desired tables from (the no-data) DB (specifying that
mysqldump should include DROP TABLE lines), DROP DB, restore the current
(with-data) backup.  You could instead use the backup script and then
edit out any lines not related to the desired tables--a backup of an
empty DB is tiny, so easy enough to edit).

If you use the backup scripts, use version 1.0.7 or higher (so that you
get the DROP TABLE lines) and edit the no-data backup to include the
DROP TABLE, the CREATE, and the INSERT lines.

I can't guarantee that you have all the related tables or that data in
other tables won't be affected, but short of doing it the "right" way
(backup DB, then do a partial restore -
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Partial_restore_of_a_backup
- which is meant for fixing corrupt DB's), the approach above is the
most likely to work properly.  If it doesn't, do the partial restore
approach.

Mike