[mythtv-users] Arduino based dish IR blaster

Jeff junk_inbox at verizon.net
Fri Dec 11 17:15:36 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 11:36 AM, David Herman <dherman516 at gmail.com> wrote:

> hmm, assuming I don't have soldering skills, it's really not that much
>> cheaper. $26 for a pre-assembled USB version vs $30 for a full on USB
>> arduino.  I already had an arduino, I used it.  That's not really the
>> point of the thread...
>>
>> Alex
>>

> I think the ultimate answer would be a Ethernet bundled Micro controller.
> Get rid of the USB/Driver tether, just rely on straight TCP requests for the
> interface. If anyone knows of a cheap dev board platform, it would be a cool
> side project for the Myth community
>
> --
> --Dave

Alex: Nice work. I've just gotten 'back' into Microcontrollers again myself,
and was going to look into the possibility of doing something along these
lines using Microchip PICs.  Sure your solution isn't as small as other
solutions out there, but if it works, that's what's important.  And a big
thanks for sharing your work with the community!

Dave: I had thought of that too, but the price is still relatively high when
compared to a ready-made USB blaster, etc.  Actually what started me
thinking of Network connectivity was thinking about creating a
Network-attached LCD for use with Myth. ;-)

Now I just need to find time for all my ideas/projects... ;-)

J-e-f-f-A