[mythtv-users] Cutting HD-PVR recordings

Marius Schrecker marius at schrecker.org
Fri Dec 11 07:15:35 UTC 2009

 Hi,   I know that Mythtranscode currently doesn't work with h264 recordings (like the ones the hd-pvr spits out), but I was wondering whether anyone has a more recent solution to accurately cutting out the commercials before storing (in mythvideo) than this one:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User:Iamlindoro

The reason I ask is that some of the tv channels I record from are experts at cutting in commercials right after or before dialog, so if I cut to the nearest keyframe I either miss dialog or leave in a few frames of commercial.
The lamlidoro script works at keyframe level only.

I also thought I had seen posts referring to a frame-perfect method, but can't find them any more. What do other hd-pvr users do?

Cheers!Marius