[mythtv-users] Fixing overscan

Andrew Herron totallymaxed at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 22:07:24 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:

> Johnny Walker wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:
>>

>>> ISTR that with the newer Nvidia drivers, one can adjust overcan.  I have
>>> 190.42 and I can't find an overscan setting in nvidia-settings.  How do I
>>> go
>>> about fixing overscan?  I'm also running 0.22-fixes.
>>>

>> When you say 'fixing overscan' - can you elaborate?
>>

> My TV is nominally 1366x768.  However, it actually displays around 1280x680
> pixels, the rest is lost.  In the past, I've twiddled with the modelines,
> but my TV (a Sharp Aquos) is notoriously finicky and has all sorts of sync
> issues if the modeline isn't exact.  So I'm back to losing the outer bit of
> my images.
>
> Mostly the Myth menus and configuration options are unreadable.
>

> --Yan

Using the setup menu option on your TV look for the menu that allows
configuration of the display and look for a menu option that will allow 1:1
pixel mapping for the dsiplayed resolution. On many LG models this option is
literally called '1:1 Pixel mapping' on other LG TV's its called 'Exact
Scan'. This setting will display the full 720 or 1080 image perfectly.

All the best

Andrew