[mythtv-users] Which agp video card is better?

drew einhorn drew.einhorn at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 20:56:05 UTC 2009

ZOTAC nVidia GeForce 6200A 256MB DVI/TV-out AGP Video Card,
ZOTAC nVidia GeForce 5200 256MB DVI AGP Video Card, or
Some other card

It's to upgrade an old Dell  Optiplex GX270 desktop to use with mythbuntu 9.10

3.0 GHz Xeon processor.
Will either card do vdpau in this box?

Assuming the box is reasonably stable.  I just installed 2GB nonecc ram and am
running boinc to put the cpu under a heavy load.  Should probably run something
to put a heavy load on the network.  Will have an 80GB IDE boot disk, will store
the content on a separate NAS box.

Will try to pick up a used hdhomerun on ebay.

Trying to build something cheap, mostly with stuff I already have.

--
Drew Einhorn