[mythtv-users] cannot scan or tune one channel that used to work

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Dec 10 20:01:13 UTC 2009

On Thursday 10 December 2009 12:46:23 pm Tod Pike wrote:
> I use mythbuntu 0.21+fixes. Recently I noticed that program guide data
> station WQED in Pittsburgh was missing. Upon further investigation, I
> found that I couldn't tune the three HD WQED channels, and an auto-scan
> didn't find them either. I have tried manually creating them using the
> known channel information, but still no luck.
>
> Any ideas on what to try next? These channels worked fairly recently,
> and I can pick them up on my OTA TV (I only get OTA channels - don't
> have cable or anything). The channel information I've manually set up
> is:
>
> channum: 13_1
> callsign: WQED-HD
> Name: WQED-HD
> freqid: 13
>
> the rest are all defaults.

Since it worked once, I can't see why it wouldn't work now, but:

WQED is on a VHF channel, and some software scans only UHF for OTA,
unless you tell them specifically to scan VHF channels. Not sure if Myth
behaves that way (I have only one OTA channel and I don't care to watch it,
so I use my HDHR for QAM off the CATV system).