[mythtv-users] Fixing overscan

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Thu Dec 10 16:10:53 UTC 2009

Johnny Walker wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:
>
>> ISTR that with the newer Nvidia drivers, one can adjust overcan.  I have
>> 190.42 and I can't find an overscan setting in nvidia-settings.  How do I go
>> about fixing overscan?  I'm also running 0.22-fixes.
>>

> When you say 'fixing overscan' - can you elaborate?

My TV is nominally 1366x768.  However, it actually displays around
1280x680 pixels, the rest is lost.  In the past, I've twiddled with the
modelines, but my TV (a Sharp Aquos) is notoriously finicky and has all
sorts of sync issues if the modeline isn't exact.  So I'm back to losing
the outer bit of my images.

Mostly the Myth menus and configuration options are unreadable.

--Yan

--

   o__