[mythtv-users] IMON LCD backlight

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Dec 10 04:01:31 UTC 2009

On Dec 9, 2009, at 8:40 PM, Ken Johnson wrote:

> I have an Antec Veris Fusion Max case with an imon display, I was
> wondering if it is possible to have the backlight display turn off when
> the system is off. I know this is possible if done in windows via the
> Soungraph IMon control panel but in linux I can't find a config to do so.

For some reason, this currently seems to be broken, and nobody has come up with a fix yet. The lcdproc daemon can be configured to turn the display off, and it does turn it off for a bit during shutdown, but the display lights back up as soon as the box finishes powering off... So far as I know, we send the exact same display off packet sequence as windows does, so I can't really explain it. My best guess is that maybe the imon driver needs to be unloaded cleanly (modprobe -r), sending those display off commands in its module_exit() routine, and then maybe it'll stay off, but its just a WAG. Not high on my priority list to poke at it though, but I'd welcome any assistance in determining root cause and a fix.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com