[mythtv-users] Migration issues from 0.20 to 0.22

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 22:42:20 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 5:58 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

>> But isn't it it possible to do a backup of the 0.22-fixes database before
>> dropping it, do the steps you have described and then restore it again?
>
> There are a few more steps required.  I don't plan to go through them
> because a partial restore isn't really useful (let alone required).

I think the missing point is that this particular user will have
recorded programmes and recording rules in his new setup, whichh has
been running for a while. He will lose them when he drops the database
on the new machine.

Can he get them back?

Sorry if you feel you have answered this already, but its not clear to
me from the thread how he can get back the 'interim' 0.22 database.
Perhaps he is better to just run the orphans programme after importing
the 0.20 database and letting it upgrade. That would get his 0.22
recordings into the database, but not any new recording rules or
settings.