[mythtv-users] best forum for MythTV?

David Brieck Jr. dbrieck at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 20:40:30 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 3:28 PM, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 01:56:54PM -0500, David Brieck Jr. wrote:
> > Yep, my gmail archive goes back to 6/21/04 and has 44,673 threads.
> >
> > It's not exactly efficient, but since storage costs are so low I guess
> > replicating the list across every subscribers mailbox doesn't really add
> up
> > to a lot in the grand scheme of things.
>
> ...my personal mbox mail archive file for this list is 316M and appears to
> go
> back nearly exactly 2 years.
>
> [deletia]

So for the sake of argument, based off that 316M number it's 158M per year.
I have no idea how many people are on this list, but lets say there are
20,000 of which say only 10,000 actually keep an archive. That's roughly 1.5
Tb for each year that's being replicated across everyone's mailbox.

Not too bad.