[mythtv-users] HD Homerun errors

Stuart Larson halcyon at obfus.com
Tue Dec 8 15:53:51 UTC 2009

> I have been running my mythtv setup for 18 months now with no problem, but
> suddenly I am getting video errors.  I am running a dedicated Ubuntu Hardy
> Heron backend, with Ubuntu frontends.  Until this last saturday I have
> never
> had a  problem, but suddenly the video and audio are corrupted, and when
> it
> plays, I get a stream of errors like
>
> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.443 [ac3 @ 0x7f875b82ce70]frame CRC mismatch
> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.481 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f875b82ce70]Warning MVs not
> available
> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.490 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f875b82ce70]ac-tex damaged at 25
> 25
> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.491 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f875b82ce70]ac-tex damaged at 28
> 42
> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.513 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f875b82ce70]mb incr damaged
> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.514 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f875b82ce70]ac-tex damaged at 32
> 9
> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.515 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f875b82ce70]ac-tex damaged at 54
> 24
> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.516 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f875b82ce70]ac-tex damaged at 33
> 41
> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.516 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f875b82ce70]Warning MVs not
> available
> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.526 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f875b82ce70]ac-tex damaged at 75
> 28
> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.535 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f875b82ce70]invalid mb type in I
> Frame at 65 9
> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.535 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f875b82ce70]ac-tex damaged at 41
> 11
> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.536 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f875b82ce70]skipped MB in I frame
> at 69 15
> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.536 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f875b82ce70]ac-tex damaged at 65
> 17
> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.536 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f875b82ce70]skipped MB in I frame
> at 43 24
> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.537 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f875b82ce70]skipped MB in I frame
> at 25 26
>
> from mythfrontend when playing live TV or recordings made after Saturday,
> though everything works fine for recordings made before.  I run a mac
> client
> that sets up a direct stream to VLC, and the tuner is fine.  Any ideas on
> how to troubleshoot this weird problem?
>
> Matt Asplund

I'm assuming the HDHR is hooked up to a switch or something, and not
direct to the backend? (Since you can use a seperate Mac client)  Has
anything happened to the network card on the backend?  Hows its
throughput?  I had tons of these sorts of errors when using the built-in
ethernet card on my Asus M2N... though, they were always there, and didn't
start suddenly like yours.