[mythtv-users] choppy playback on new danish dvb channels

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Tue Dec 8 11:13:21 UTC 2009

Taylor Ralph <tralph11 at yahoo.com> writes:

>> > From: Martin <martin.rene.mortensen at gmail.com>
>> > Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] choppy playback on new
>> danish dvb channels
>> > To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>> > Date: Sunday, November 8, 2009, 6:11 AM
>> >  I created ticket #7522 in trac.
>> >
>> > http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7522> >
>
> An "official" solution to this problem has been committed by Michael at FFmpeg. I would advise using it instead of the earlier patch. A patch for MythTV is here:
>
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/7522/mythtv_ffmpeg_r20504.diff
>
> Enjoy.

Unfortunately ticket #7522 in trac is locked so I can't post my
findings there. On my system the recommended "official" solution
(mythtv_ffmpeg_r20504.diff) doesn't work correctly, but the older
(non-recommended) test patch "mythtv_h264_strict_test1.diff" solves
the issue completely...

Using the recommended solution makes the playback less choppy, but it
doesn't solve it. I'm not the only one with these observations, in a
thread on a danish forum, two out of four users also get improvements
with the patch without the issue being resolved (in danish, but
doesn't contain any further valuable information):
http://forum.recordere.dk/forum_posts.asp?TID=69424&PID=711790&title=mythtv-022-nye-dr-kanaler-hakker#711790

I've tested on 0.22-fixes r22952 on a 512MB VDPAU capable system.

Can I do anything to help out nailing this issue?

Best Regards
Kenni Lund