[mythtv-users] Cleaning Up Recording Rules

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Dec 8 03:41:21 UTC 2009

On 12/07/2009 10:04 PM, Joe Wilson wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone has created a script to clean up old
> recording rules.
> I find that over time they pile up, especially those for movies that
> have previously been
> recorded, and are not set to re-record..

If you use the right recording rule type (find one), they get deleted
automatically (upon successful recording--so, they'll hang around if
your network changes the schedule after you set up the rule and the
movie never actually shows).

>  If not I going to go to work on a little script to
> do it.. I just didnt want to go reinventing the wheel. I know its not
> like I can't go in there
> and do it by hand... lazy right.. lol..

Don't do a script.

Just go into MythWeb's Recording Schedules page or mythfrontend's Manage
Recordings|Recording Rules screen and sort by "Last Recorded" (hit 6--I
think(?)--in mythfrontend to sort by Last Recorded) and you'll note that
all the ones that have never recorded group together and all the ones
that haven't recorded for a long time are together.  Makes it easy to
find the old ones so /you/ can *decide* whether it's worth keeping the
rule...  :)

Mike