[mythtv-users] HD-PVR: Encoding Errors Running 0.22myth

Kevin Wambsganz wambs at verizon.net
Mon Dec 7 22:04:08 UTC 2009

Dec 7, 2009 10:57:23 AM, dave at hermancats.com wrote:

>I believe that the hdpvr enters a problem state with the usb connection that
>can only be resolved with a power cycle of the hdpvr. I say that because I
>have seen on more than one occasion Fedora startup problems with the usb
>connection to the hdpvr that are present after my mythbox shuts down due to
>this issue while recording. In fact, it happened again this morning while
>recording that stupid dog Clifford. This time Fedora started up without any
>usb issues.

I am having the same exact issue.  One thing I noticed is that Dish is sending garbage out via SPDIF. Try watching your problematic show. I theorize that the HDPVR has some threshold for bad AC3 Data at which point it locks up.

I was thinking of IR blasting (via another device) power/on power/off as part of my channel change script. Maybe that will fix it.

My lock ups over the last few days: 1. Alice on SciFyHD (last night) 2. Little Einsteins on DisneyHD (Sat morning)

--
--Dave