[mythtv-users] AGAIN: Lose video when skip back

John Brown jb2904 at johnbrown.com.au
Mon Dec 7 10:08:49 UTC 2009

Thanks for your reply.

> John - do you get the same problem if you use XVideo instead of XvMC?

No I don't! This suggests that is Frontend. XVideo is not an option as the
EN12000 board is not powerful enough to render video properly, so it
stutters badly, but it didn't go to a blue screen when skipping back.

However, I tried Standard XvMC instead of VIA XvMC and it worked fine!
Great! I couldn't notice any difference between Standard XvMC and VIA XvMC.
Neither does full HDTV properly, but both do standard definition fine. So I
guess that is my solution (for now), although it has had good days before
... so I guess I should wait and see if it works reliably before declaring
complete success...

I guess the next step will be to try and get full HDTV working, which I
thought the motherboard was capable of...

John