[mythtv-users] Schedule recordings - when episodenr is in title?

Klavs Klavsen kl at vsen.dk
Mon Dec 7 08:53:13 UTC 2009

Hi guys,

I'm using Mythtv-0.22+fixes, and was trying to record a show named:
showname 1:24

I chose, record this program in this timeslot every day - but
unfortunately it only recorded the first one.
The reason seems to be that the next day, the show was called:
showname 2:24

I then tried to create a custom recording rule, matching on title: showname
but mythtv records the wrong showings of the show (f.ex. it has marked
all of the 9:24 versions as "do not record" - and records the 8:24
several times).

I figured I could make it check for duplicates based on title -but this
is not an option, and I tried having mythtv using subtitle or
description without success :(

For now I have manually set the recordings as "record once" up til the
14. (I'm using EIT data).

Am I right in concluding that there's no other way when, when the shows
has episode nr in title and no usable description/subtitle ?

And if so - shouldn't it be a feature request - to check for duplicates,
based on title?

--
Regards,
Klavs Klavsen, GSEC - kl at vsen.dk - http://www.vsen.dk

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly."
  --Henry Spencer