[mythtv-users] Connect VNC to Either of Two X Screens?

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Mon Dec 7 06:34:39 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: Steve Hodge
To: Discussion about mythtv
Sent: Monday, December 07, 2009 7:15 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Connect VNC to Either of Two X Screens?

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 7:09 PM, Tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:

The client I am using is on XP using client 4.1.3, which may explain why there is no option to select the various hosts?  Perhaps it
is an intended limitation of the free version?

You must be specifying what machine you are connecting to somehow. Instead of putting in <hostname> try <hostname>:1 (add ":1" to
the end of whatever your machine is called). For Windows I recommend TightVNC, btw.

Cheers,
Steve

Using VNC 4.1.3 I connecting using LAN IP address of each host.   IP:1 does not work.   IP:host.0  and IP:host.1 both connect to the
same screen 1 as does IP:screen.0 and IP:screen.1

Trying Tight VNC.

I am now wondering if the server is actually serving both screens.