[mythtv-users] mythplugin /usr/bin/ld

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 06:18:17 UTC 2009

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 7:55 PM, Romont Sylvain <psgman24 at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm during to compile mythplugin but I have always the same error:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libm.so when searching for -lm
> /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so when searching for -lgcc_s
> /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libc.so when searching for -lc
> /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so when searching for -lgcc_s
>

> If I do plugin by plugin I have always the same error...
>
> How can I fix it?
>
> Thank you for your answer!

It looks like you are building a 64-bit executable but you have 32-bit
libraries installed. You need to either install 64-bit C libraries or
compile and link with -m32 switch to make gcc produce 32-bit
executable. The 64-bit libraries should go to /usr/lib64. If you
already have /usr/lib64/libm.so then the library path on the link line
is wrong, should be -L/usr/lib64 not -L/usr/lib.

--
Fedor G Pikus (fpikus at gmail.com)
http://www.pikus.net