[mythtv-users] Very strange - all fonts are now square boxes...

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 02:39:59 UTC 2009

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 6:15 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 12/06/2009 05:26 PM, Mark Knecht wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 1:51 PM, Mark Knecht wrote:

>>>  Why don't I have any fonts?
>
> Make sure you install at least the Arial and Trebuche MS fonts (MS core web
> fonts) and DejaVu Sans.

Thanks Mike. I came to the same conclusion maybe 90 minutes ago
reading some stuff onthe web where folks we using Arial and $M$ in
some posts. eix -c fonts and looking for a candidate allowed me to fix
it on the first try.

As I said in my other post (I just wanted to say thanks to you
personally for all the great info you post!) I consider this an ebuild
bug but I doubt the maintainer would.

Again, thanks!

- Mark