[mythtv-users] MultiRec Scheduling Question

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Sun Dec 6 12:28:39 UTC 2009

Christopher Kerr wrote:

>Is there any way to force MythTV to prefer using multirec rather
>than scheduling a recording onto a second tuner?
>
>For instance, just scheduled to record were Doctor Who and Pride and
>Prejudice. Both shows are on the same ABC multiplex, so before
>installing a second tuner, they would have recorded fine using
>MultiRec. However, the scheduler instead decided to move Pride and
>Prejudice onto the new tuner, where it failed to record.

I've only got one tuner, so it's not something that's bothered me
yet. But how did you add your tuners ? IIRC from a message some time
ago, recordings favour the lowest numbered tuners - so it depends
whether you add a single tuner, then another single tuner, and then
add the other with multirec.

--
Simon Hobson