[mythtv-users] Channel scanner duplicates with HDHomerun

Myth User mythtv at heathsworld.com
Sun Dec 6 02:01:45 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 8:44 PM, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 10:24 PM, Myth User <mythtv at heathsworld.com>wrote:
>
>> Ubuntu 9.10 with HDhomerun.
>>
>> In mythtv-setup am trying to scan these 2 channels (to keep it simple):
>>
>> 114-1
>> 114-2
>> 114-3
>> 114-6
>>
>> 115-2
>> 115-4
>> 115-6
>>
>> When telling the channel scanner to scan, it will finish and tell me I
>> have 3 new "non-conflicting" MPEG channels.  I go ahead and add those (which
>> I can't tell what they are but happen to be 115-2,4,6)...  Next it says I
>> have conflicting MPEG channels and have to add them manually.  Why are the
>> actual channel numbers 114 and 115 not being attached so the scanner knows
>> the difference?  Why can't it simply add the channels as listed above?  The
>> 114 and 115 part of the channel is omitted and the dash channels (sub
>> channel numbers) are conflicting.  I am looking at manually add all my
>> channels if this is really broken in .22.  Please let me know if I am
>> missing something because it just worked in .21.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>

> yup, broken/issue.  Thats what i think.  Read the archives and you will
> find several issues like this, including me.  Devs say that this is not an
> error/bug even tho it worked fine in .21
> --
> Mitchell

I see.......  I did run across that thread but seemed silly that someone
would say it works but not tell the world how.  That's really too bad
because the truth is that it did work right in .21.  So if the dev's are so
certain that it really works (and works better), why can't they provide
documentation on how to click the right buttons?  It's obviously not
intuitive like in .21 because it just worked.  I've tried everything but a
hammer and going back to .21....